Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: A cinematic first (for me at least)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member belovedmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2003
    Posts
    554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I went to the cinema on my own... although its less spectacular than it sounds becos it was was the student independent cinema here on campus so its only 5 minutes walk away and its ?2.50 a film... but still...

    How many people here go to the cinema on thier own regularly?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last flick I saw by myself was Spider-Man, but that was mainly because no one wanted to see it for the 3rd, 4th or 5th time. I'm probably responsible for a fair percentage of that flick's UK gross.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Worse yet, how many go to the cinema with others and leave alone. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Yammeryammeryammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Uhm... just you Alex? I have gone to movies by myself, not so much during the year, unless no one else wants to see the movie. I do tend to see a lot in the summer at a cheap theatre, so it isn't inordinant for me to go alone. Does anyone know why this isn't more common? I know I've gone with people who comment on creepy people going to movies alone.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Patriarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My DVD collection does not permit me to go to the movies for myself.. whenever I have an urge for watching a flick and no one is around, I put on a DVD

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've just realised I've NEVER went to the cinema alone... for me, it's a social thing...
    I've been to a cinema (on a date) and not seen the film... Does that count? Haha!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member assyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2000
    Posts
    411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    99% of the time I go to cinemas alone. I tend to watch the flicks during weekday afternoons when all my mates are working. Besides, when I go to the cinema I prefer to watch a film instead of tending to other people and there is less distraction when I'm on my own.

    For socialising I prefer the pub, bars or clubs.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I do it all the time (or I used to anyway, when I was young free and single) - I really don't see why people snigger about it . I especially used to like going during the daytime, when I would be almost the only person in the theatre - it's like the whole thing was being put on just for me in my own personal cinema.

    Going to the cinema is a COMPLETELY anti-social activity. When going with friends or partners it's not as if you can sit there talking and having fun - you are there to watch the film.

    Don't be shy - go for it. After you've done it a few times you really will wonder why you felt so self-conscious and nervous about it the first time - I'm still talking about the cinema by the way... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 28, 2003 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Justin M. ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ac_01's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2001
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've gone to the cinema alone. Usually because none of my friends want to see an obscure foreign film or anything with subtitles. Its really only the major hollywood films I see with friends. Weekdays are the best times to see a film... no kids... no one there to talk during the film. Perfect conditions. Speaking of which I'm going out tomorrow to see "21 grams" at the LFF.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Yammeryammeryammer:
    Uhm... just you Alex?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now, Now, be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •